I believe that God is raising up a new remnant of professionals who perform their daily work with an overriding ministry objective to it. These professionals have made spiritual discoveries that are now resulting in them being used by God to impact the world. This is the ultimate fulfilment when a person understands why God made them and that they are actually called to the profession they are doing and God uses them to impact the world.
True success is fulfilling the purpose for which God made you. It has little to do with money, prestige or notoriety. God’s measurement of success is very clear – doing the will of God. His greatest commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind. From this relationship with God everything else should flow. We cannot help but impact our culture if we love God and obey Him.
5 Reasons why young professionals should start their lives, work and business on foundation of faith
1. There will be more engaged professionals in the workplace, living for a greater cause than themselves
God wants to use you and me to reflect His Glory wherever we are. He also wants to use the talents and abilities He has allowed us to be trained with for His greater glory in this world. Whether you are an Engineer, Accountant, Academic or Hardware store manager
We will see more professionals displaying the following attributes in the workplace:
- Extravagant Love
- Passion for service
- Signs and wonders
2. There will be more healthy and emotional whole families
When young professionals start their lives on a solid foundation of faith, it will lead to less dysfunction and fewer tendencies for people to move into abnormal sexual expressions in the workplace due to the pain in their lives.
- We will see a huge decline in families with the incidence of the big four “A’s”: adultery, addictions, abuse and abandonment
- We will see healthy marriages, and individuals would say no to adultery, which will lead to less professionals divorcing because of an office affair.
- There would be less crime in our cities because there would be more healthier families producing healthier people spiritually who would do honest work
- There will be less corporate scandals
We live in the times where professionals cannot differentiate between what’s right and wrong, absolute truths no longer exist, my truth is not someone else truth, an increasing culture of tolerating corruption from Seniors to Juniors. We have seen this with big companies shutting down because of scandals, fraud and money laundering. All of this boils down to professionals who started their careers without proper biblical foundations.
If we can prepare these young leaders while they are still on Campuses, There would be more integrity in the business and less opportunity for greed and mammon to rule in the marketplace, in turn making the marketplace and culture more prosperous.
3. Wealth creation and sustainability
There would be more wealth created as men and women fulfil Deutoronomy8:18 to have the ability to create wealth to establish God’s covenant on the earth
Christian CEO’s and other professionals would band together and commit their corporate profits to philanthropic enterprises and care for the poor. More money will be given towards greater causes.
4. Unemployment will be greatly reduced
By acknowledging that God is the source of science and technology, there would be greater innovation and revelation of the world around us.
- More inventions that solve societal problems would result as entrepreneurs learn to gain direction from God in their working lives. They would have greater influence as a fruit of their faith and calling.
- Special noon-day prayer meetings would be held in the workplace, asking God to direct their work.
5. God is looking for righteous professionals and business leaders who will turn our nation back to a righteous form of commerce.
David started his working career in the fields as a shepherd with a strong relationship with God; He encountered a lion and a bear. This was part of his preparation for the day he would meet Goliath. He was chosen by God through a divine appointment with Samuel, the prophet who made a house call to anoint the next king of Israel. Then God orchestrated a divine circumstance that transformed David from a caterer of food to a deliverer of a nation in one afternoon and later in life a King.
So whether you are a caterer, cleaner, banker, artisan, academic, lawyer or auditor, you stand in the midst of God’ purposes as one of His Change agents, not just a professional.